Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gone

The 4th floor is empty.

Gone is the cowbell.

Gone are the ceremonial throwing chairs.

Gone is the miniature baseball bat used for therapeutic purposes.

Gone are the people that I have worked with for many, many months.

I am a solitary person by nature. I have never had a lot of friends - not because I have cooties or anything, but I have always been happy entertaining myself. It's a middle child thing. Since March, I have worked with a great group of people. Yes, they were young, crude, and took the Lord's name in vain a lot, but I loved their spirits and their passion.

And now it is all done, and I am back working by myself in the solitude of the second floor, slowly getting back to the job I used to do and was good at. It feels like a warm blanket that was just waiting for me all this time.

Except now I am alone. I guess I am in a period of mourning for the cameraderie. I feel numb.

1 comment:

Carlita said...

I'm the middle child too! I learned how to entertain myself a long time ago... I consider it a gift to myself! Not everybody can do it...