Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Accountability

Spring is coming, and that means a change in wardrobe is coming too.

2008 was a pretty wonderful year for me in the weight loss department. In February of that year, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and once I started getting my thyroid under control (thanks to a little pill I take every day) and the fact that I had to walk 15 minutes every morning and evening, since I parked far away from where I worked, I lost 3o pounds.

But now that I park just around the corner from work, my activity level has slacked off bigtime.

So getting back to the wardrobe thing, I am now fitting very nicely in my lovely suits that languished in the back of my closet, but I have even lovelier suits, perfect for springtime, that are a size smaller than what I am currently wearing.

Accountability. I know that if I don't set a goal, I will slack off. So here's my goal list for this month.

1. Get on the treadmill at least three times a week, or walk outside in nice weather for at least 1.5 miles.
2. Use the step and step aerobic CD that I have never done since I bought it 4 times this month.

Those are realistic goals. I don't eat really bad, and my alcohol intake is less that usual, so I'm not going to go crazy and get militant about everything.

Last night I got on the treadmill and walked for 1.5 miles, and whilst I was walking, I watched the step aerobic DVD. You do need some semblance of coordination to do even the beginniner's level, but it looked doable. Can I tell you how great I felt after I accomplished my walk? I am looking forward to tonight's walk, and fitting into my pretty clothing once again.

I think I shall do a weekly post to keep myself on track.

No comments: