Friday, March 11, 2011

Chapter 13

Looks like I have 100 pages to go.  So close to the end.  Man, this is a hard book to digest, but I'm getting there.  I'm tempted to plow through, and perhaps finish the book today.  It is tempting, because I'd really like to know what my next book will be, and I've told myself that I will not get to pick the next book until I finish my current book.

So you don't think I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to reading, I do have two other books that I am currently reading for pleasure.  I usually have a book on CD in my car.  The radio bores me, and I find books interesting and relaxing during my commute to and from work.  Currently I am listening to Charleston by John Jakes.   This was an easy pick for me.  First, I love history.  Second, I love Charleston.  Third, I love historical fiction.  Easy choice.

My choice for lunchtime/bedtime reading is The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I'm about a dozen chapters in, and it is a fascinating read.  I can hardly wait to see where the story goes next.  Excellent book, and I highly recommend it.

No comments: