Monday, March 7, 2011

Chapter 7

Slow slow going.  I am extremely tempted to read the summary paragraph at the end of each chapter, but that feels rather like cheating .... as if I was reading the Cliff's Notes guide on the book.  I am determined not to do that, although the book is extremely academic and mostly boring to my non-scientific mind.

There are fifteen chapters in this book.  When I read it, I like to read a chapter at a time, interrupted.  I dare not read more than that a day.  It feels like a great accomplishment to get through a chapter, and knowing that I am almost half way through this first book gives me a great feeling of accomplishment.

But, as is the case with whatever I tend to read, I am learning interesting things.  I am learning little factoids about animals, and that is interesting.  I'm sure these facts will eventually come out in random dinner conversation, and people will look at me with a quizzical brow.  "Oh wow...the pretty lady knows something other than what was on TV last night?"  Imagine that.   

I am the queen of unfinished projects, many in the creative realm.  I was very pleased with myself that I finished one of those projects during our very rainy Saturday this past weekend:  a beaded bracelet.  Not only did I finish it, but I created a necklace, bracelet and earrings out of some very pretty left-over beads, and wore them out that night.  Happy happy.  I still have a large needlepoint, a painting and my novel to finish.  I think I shall work on a bit of the needlepoint tonight.

No comments: